It’s almost time to Meet Yer Eats!
Make plans to spend Labor Day on the farm!
September 2, 2013
Save the date, and make plans to visit some of the amazing small farms in Central Virginia on Market Central’s 5th annual Meet Yer Eats Farm Tour! We have 19 farms lined up this year — some returning hosts, and some new ones in the mix – and all are looking forward to showing off their farms in 2013. These producers call the City Market home on Saturday mornings, but on Labor Day, you’re invited to their place.
The tour is held rain or shine on Labor Day, from 10 am to 4 pm.
Here’s how it works:
- Buy a car pass either in person at the Charlottesville City Market or purchase online here. (To purchase advance tickets by mail, send $15.00 check, payable to Market Central, P.O. Box 6459, Charlottesville, VA 22906. Mail orders must be received by August 25, 2013 in order to be processed in time for tour.)
- Purchase your car pass by midnight, August 25 and you’re automatically entered in our special early bird bonus drawing! Details here.
- Peruse the map & website for farms that you’d like to visit: By the time you factor in driving and actually touring the farm, you’ll need to budget 1-1.5 hours for each farm, and most visitors see 3-4 farms on tour day. Many farms are offering special programs at specific times, so time your visits to make the most of your day. Special program listing is here.
- Load up the car with your family & friends.
- Bring a cooler, and some cash. Most farms offer on-farm sales on tour day, so you’ll be able to purchase the freshest produce, eggs, meat, cheese, plants, and other farm products.
- Dress for the weather (rain or shine!) and wear some sturdy shoes. Skip the perfume and heavily-scented body sprays – or the bees and bugs will find you irresistible! Bring personal water bottles, and pack a picnic if you like. Throw a blanket in the car and find a shady picnic spot along the way.
- Take advantage of restrooms along the way. Some farms have facilities available – but many do not.
- Then get out there, and … Meet Yer Eats!
- Want to Volunteer? We count on volunteers to help pull this all together! For more information on how YOU can help out, click over to our volunteer page.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com