It’s time to Meet Yer Eats!
Make plans to spend Memorial Day on the farm!
May 29, 2017
Make plans to visit some of the amazing small farms in Central Virginia on Market Central’s 10th annual Meet Yer Eats Farm Tour! These producers call the City Market home on Saturday mornings, but on Labor Day, you’re invited to their place.
We will be adding farms to the tour over the coming months so check back for updates!
The tour is held rain or shine on Memorial Day, from 10 am to 4 pm.
Here’s how it works:
- Buy a car pass – on sale beginning in April at the Charlottesville City Market or online.
- Peruse the map (coming soon!) & website for farms that you’d like to visit: By the time you factor in driving and actually touring the farm, you’ll need to budget 1-1.5 hours for each farm, and most visitors see 3-4 farms on tour day. Many farms are offering special programs at specific times, so time your visits to make the most of your day.
- Load up the car with your family & friends.
- Bring a cooler, and some cash. Most farms offer on-farm sales on tour day, so you’ll be able to purchase the freshest produce, eggs, meat, cheese, plants, and other farm products. There will also be food trucks at many farms selling delicious lunch and snacks that you can enjoy on site! We got a lot of feedback that visitors wish they knew to bring a cooler or freezer bag in past years so don’t forget!
- Dress for the weather (rain or shine!) and wear some sturdy shoes. Skip the perfume and heavily-scented body sprays – or the bees and bugs will find you irresistible!
- Take advantage of restrooms along the way. Some farms have facilities available – but many do not.
- Then get out there, and … Meet Yer Eats!
Questions? Email email@example.com
Want to volunteer? Please sign up here!